The Geelong and Bellarine peninsula is home to some of Victoria’s strongest winds and weather conditions with its close proximity to the ocean.
Accolade® Weather Screens were contacted to install their PVC bi-folding and sliding systems to a new client’s existing alfresco area.
After investing a significant amount of money in a reputable PVC Blind System our client was disappointed with the outcome for the below reasons;
- Accessibility to and from the outdoor area was not convenient, the Bistro Blind system had to be rolled up and down to walk out to the backyard
- The surface area of the Bistro Blind system meant that during very high winds, the system had to be rolled up, which let the wind and rain through
- The tautness of the PVC was loose over such a large span, causing bowing of the PVC and rattling during high winds
The client decided to remove the Bistro Blind system after 2 years and replace it with new Accolade® Weather Screen bi-folding system.
The end result was a new weatherproofed outdoor entertaining area, one which was;
- Easily accessible using a door mechanism through a top tracked bi-folding system, removing the need to roll up and down a blind
- Strong and able to withstand extreme wind and gale conditions
- Improved clarity, the PVC is an Accolade® Screen is permanently held taunt over a lower surface area and not and rolled up and down continually
Thinking about installing a PVC Café Blind system, contact us today to find out how we can weatherproof your outdoor area by organising a free no-obligation measure and quote.
The PVC Bistro Blind system was prone to bowing and movement in high winds due to the large surface area, note the multiple welded joins below on the before image. Now the Accolade® Weather Screens bi-folding system reduces the surface area of the PVC which remains taunt even in extreme wind conditions thanks to Accolade’s® patented system.