The Geelong and Bellarine peninsula is home to some of Victoria’s strongest winds and weather conditions with its close proximity to the ocean.
Accolade® Weather Screens were contacted to install their PVC bi-folding and sliding systems to a new client’s existing alfresco area.
After investing a significant amount of money in a PVC Ziptrak® system, our client was disappointed with the outcome for the below reasons;
- Accessibility to and from the outdoor area was not convenient, the Ziptrak® system had to be rolled up and down to walk out to the backyard
- The surface area of the Ziptrak® system meant that during very high winds, the system had to be rolled up, which let the wind and rain through
- The tautness of the PVC was loose over such a large span, causing bowing of the PVC and rattling during high winds
The client decided to remove the Ziptrak® system after 2 years and replace it with new Accolade® Weather Screen bi-folding system.
The end result was a new weatherproofed outdoor entertaining area, one which was;
- Easily accessible using a door mechanism through a top tracked bi-folding system, removing the need to roll up and down a blind
- Strong and able to withstand extreme wind and gale conditions
- Improved clarity, the PVC is an Accolade® Screen is permanently held taunt over a lower surface area and not and rolled up and down continually
Thinking about installing a Ziptrak® or a PVC Café Blind system, contact us today to find out how we can weatherproof your outdoor area by organising a free no obligation measure and quote.
The PVC Ziptrak® system was prone to bowing and movement in high winds due to the large surface area, note the multiple welded joins below on the before image. Now the Accolade® Weather Screens bi-folding system reduces the surface area of the PVC which remains taunt even in extreme wind conditions thanks to Accolade’s® patented system.